UA students from KG to 9th are invited to participate in the 27th annual Texas Woman’s University Science Fair which will take place Saturday, April 9 on the TWU Denton campus.
General Rules for the Science Fair at TWU
In order to be considered eligible for Science Fair awards, participants MUST be present at the time of their check-in and at awards ceremony. Projects checked in by parents, teachers, or guardians will not be considered eligible for awards. Participants must be present to collect any awards; raffle prizes or goodie bags in person.
- TWU does not assume responsibility for any child. A parent or designated guardian must be in attendance with participant/student/child at all times.
- Each student is responsible for his/her own project. TWU assumes no responsibility for any project or the materials included therein at any time.
- All projects must be checked in by scheduled time or will forfeit participation in the Science Fair.
- All exhibits must be constructed by students. Teachers or other technically trained people may give information and advice only.
- An individual exhibit is constructed by one person only.
- Each student may enter only one exhibit.
- Posters must be self-supporting.
- Exhibits need to be free from any personal identity information.
- Size of the exhibit is limited to 30 inches in depth, 48 inches in width, and 108 inches in height from the floor to the top of the exhibit. Maximum project size includes all project materials, supports, and demonstrations for judges. If a table is used it becomes part of the display and must not exceed the allowed dimensions nor may the table plus any part of the project exceed the allowed dimensions.
- Journals are recommended but not required.
- All equipment and other necessary material must be furnished by exhibitor; 110 volt outlets will be available but must be specifically requested prior to the registration deadline. If electricity is needed, exhibitor must furnish an extension cord at least 15 feet in length.
- Safety precautionsmust be strictly observed, or project will be disqualified.
- No prior trophies, ribbons or awards may be displayed.
- No logos or acknowledgements are allowed on the display.
- The following is the tentative schedule.
- 7:45 – 9:30 a.m.: Check-in and exhibit set-up
- 9:30 – 11 a.m.: Student activities and tours
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.: KEM Club magic show
- 12 – 12:45 p.m.: Awards assembly
- 12:45 – 1:15 p.m.: Project viewing
- 1:15 – 2 p.m.: Project pick-up (All projects must be picked up by 2 p.m.)
- Street address
1603 Bell Avenue
Denton, TX 76204
Pioneer Hall is located at #79 on the northeast end of campus.