The Theme of this Coming School Year is: BUILDING COMMUNITY ON OUR ROAD TO SCOTLAND!
We hope you enjoyed your summer and are ready to play an active role in our school’s community. Universal Academy’s program continues to be strong! The UA PTO plays an important role in supporting this great school by working hard to provide the “extras” that enrich our children’s educational experience.
PTO contributions: Your PTO contributions to and funds clubs, sports teams and the annual musical production. The PTO contributions also support important programs for all of our students throughout the year, from the Kindergarten Orientation, the annual 5-7 grade team-building trip, the Eighth-Grade Promotion ceremony as well as the trip to Ireland and London that our Theater Arts students earned and our High School graduation ceremony. PTO contributions provide grants to teachers to buy supplies to support classroom instruction, technology, Band and other student activities. In addition, the PTO provides funding for the UA website, newsletters, Parent Education Workshops, books for the library and improvements to the building and grounds. We can make all of this happen, with every family’s support.
To reach that goal and provide these important programs, activities, grants and supplies, we need to raise approximately $400,000. That amount might sound astronomical; but, in fact, it represents only about $20.00 per student per month over the upcoming school year. This is your PTO and we ask that you support the PTO and be as generous as possible. The suggested contribution is $200.00 per student and we encourage you to give more if you can, however, no contribution is too small. It is your participation and support that ensures a great UA and builds our sense of community for Universal Academy’s students, parents, families, faculty, administrators and staff.
In addition to fundraising, the UA PTO also works to provide information and to open avenues of communication among UA parents, the school administration and the larger community. There are many ways for you to find out what’s happening at Universal Academy:
- Go to the Universal Academy website and click on “Join Our Email List” or download our school app.
- This is the only way to receive the principal’s indispensible weekly bulletin, and it will ensure that you get the PTO newsletter and announcements throughout the year.
- Read the PTO newsletter, which is published electronically four times a year.
- Visit the website, www.universalacademy.com for current news and information. Last, but not least, get involved! This is a critical time in your child’s development and education. When parents volunteer for school activities at Universal Academy, it gives them a chance to be a “fly on the wall,” and get an inside view into their kids’ school lives. The Universal Academy PTO strives to provide many important opportunities to get involved.
Be generous with your time and money, it will help us kick off the school year with an excellent start and ensure a successful year.
AGENDA ITEMS FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER
Next meeting October 24, 2017
Please RSVP email@example.com
1. Decorate the teacher’s lounges (Primary and Secondary)
a. Purchase 2 Kuerig Coffee Makers and K cups
b. Purchase Snack items, sugar and cream packets, condiments, etc. c. Create peaceful space that allows teachers to refresh during break periods.
*If you have items you can donate now and throughout the year, just let us know.
2. One of our successful fundraisers during Fall Festival is The Uniform Resale Shop. We will need volunteers to help sort returned and used uniforms from lost and found. Uniforms will be sold at Fall Festival at a deep discount to raise money for teachers supply closet and more. If you are willing to volunteer we will be distributing small batches that need cleaning on Friday, October 20th. We will also need parent volunteers to help run The Uniform Resale Shop during Fall Festival on October 28th. Please sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4CAEA92FAAF58-fall1/2644551
Note: If you have a business, or know a parent or individual with a business that would like to be a vendor during Fall Festival, please contact the front desk and an application will be provided.